Wednesday 16 September 2009

Solvent Extraction

Resolved Question

1. what are the advantages or disadvantage of using ether as an extraction solvent?

2. in extracting an organic compound from an aquous solution, what practical advantage ensues
if the organic solvent used is more dense than water?

3. why must the stopper be removed from a separatory funnel before the liquid can be
withdrawn from it?

by joeyeehu...



Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Advantages:

1. it is a great solvent. It can dissolve most of the organic compounds.
2. it has low boiling point. It can be distilled over easily
3. it is chemically inert.

Disadvantage:

1. highly flammable
2. toxic

Q2: It will form two separate distinct layers. So it can be separated easily.

Q3: The stopper must be removed so that the air pressure will help push the liquid out of the
funnel. If not, the flow of liquid is obstructed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone, I am Jagdeep Singh. One day I need solvent extraction. Then I search the keyword Solvent Extraction Suppliers. I found a name Rufouz HiTek Engineers. I visited the website and give him order. Rufouz HiTek Engineers delivers the product in time and his solvent extraction is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Same as your blog I found another one Sohman Epoxy
    . Actually, I was looking for the same information on the internet forth7301
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks once more for designs.

    ReplyDelete